2020 Call for Abstracts Information
As we celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Winter Symposium in 2020, the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) is focusing this year's Winter Symposium on honoring the last 20 years of transplantation and forging ahead through the technologies and advancements that will define the next 20 years. Join us in Miami in January 2020 to hear the latest advancements in the field of transplantation, share ideas, and be part of the conversation around the technologies that will define the future of transplant surgery.
The abstract submission deadline is Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
Abstracts submitted after this deadline will not be accepted.
Abstract Submission and Review Process
- Abstract selection is at the discretion of the Winter Symposium Planning Committee.
- All submissions will be done electronically through ASTS.org.
- You may submit as many abstracts as you wish.
- Abstracts selected for oral presentation will be limited to one (1) per first author, and two (2) per lab or PI group.
- Abstracts accepted for posters are limited to three (3) posters per first author. This is in addition to the possibility of an oral abstract presentation.
- All abstracts are blinded for peer review and ranked on the basis of scientific merit. The goal is to perform a scientifically rigorous review process to select those abstracts that present strong, balanced, and evidence-based clinical content, without the perception of bias.
The submission of abstracts related to clinical or basic research, surgical technique, or surgical practice that is new, innovative, or visionary is encouraged. Abstracts that address basic but controversial aspects of surgical management are also encouraged.
- Select abstracts will be accepted for oral, mini-oral, or poster presentations.
- Abstracts will be considered for presentation if they have NOT been previously published as an article at the TIME OF SUBMISSION.
Click here to view 2020 Call for Abstracts Information.
Click here to view 2020 Abstract Submission Information.
Informed Consent: Any studies involving human subjects must conform to the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association (Clinical Research 1966:14:103) and must meet all of the requirements governing informed consent of the country in which the study was performed. Any transplant procedures performed must meet with the prevailing ethical standards.
Oral & Mini-Oral Abstract Submissions
Select abstracts will be chosen to be presented at the Mini-Oral Abstract Session or Oral Abstract Sessions during the Winter Symposium.
Video Abstract Submissions
ASTS is also accepting surgical video submissions for the annual surgical video presentation at the 2020 Winter Symposium. Videos that present innovative, unique, and scientifically-rich surgical content are encouraged. Video abstracts can be with or without narration, and can be no longer than 10 minutes in length. Submissions will be reviewed and selected on the basis of scientific merit and relevance. Please forward all video submissions to:
ASTS National Office
ATTN: Ellie Proffitt
1401 S. Clark St., Suite 1120
Arlington, VA 22202
All persons who submit abstracts will be notified of their acceptance status by mid-November 2019. All abstract presenters are required to register for and attend the ASTS 20th Annual Winter Symposium.