ASTS Advanced Transplant Provider (ATP) Mentorship Program - Coming soon!
The ASTS ATP Committee is launching a mentorship program to help foster ATPs’ professional growth in their early to mid- careers in transplantation. This program is being developed in an effort to:
- Increase the professional development of ATPs in transplant fields
- Increase longevity of ATPs in transplant fields
- Promote engagement of ATPs within the ASTS community
- Provide metrics to measure growth and development within ATPs’ careers
- Uphold the tenets of the initiative Boldly Against Racism.
Mentor applications will open in August and mentee applications will open in October. Announcement of mentor/mentee pairings will occur in December 2021 and the program would kick off in January 2022. Program commitment will be 12 months with a pre-, mid-, post- program check-in, with surveys.
ATP Involvement within ASTS
ASTS has 25 Standing Committees. There is currently NP and PA representation in 11 of these committees:
- Advanced Transplant Provider Committee
- ATC Planning Committee
- Business Practice Services Committee
- Communications Committee
- Ethics Committee
- Fellowship Training Committee
- Grants Review Committee
- Legislative and Regulatory Committee
- Living Donation Committee
- Pediatrics Committee
- Standards and Quality Committee
*To learn more about each committee and view its members, please click here.
ASTS Peer Support Program
ASTS also has ATP involvement in the peer support program. Several ASTS members (including one ATP) have been trained in peer support and are available to ASTS members. To learn more about the ASTS Peer Support Program, click here.
Facebook Group for Advanced Transplant Providers
There is a networking group for APPs working in transplant on Facebook. The goal of this group is to connect APPs and allow them to have a place to interact, share interesting articles, post questions, and share upcoming professional development opportunities. This is a private group and is not officially endorsed by ASTS. Click the button below to join the group or search APPs in Transplant on Facebook to find the group. Please feel free to share this with your other transplant APP peers!
Advanced Transplant Provider (ATP) Committee
The mission of the ATP Committee is to offer educational and professional development programs for ATPs to optimize care, enhance the overall patient experience, and strengthen relationships between providers. Some of the ATP Committee’s accomplishments include:
ATP Committee members:
- Chair: Eliana Z. Agudelo, PA-C (2023)
- Co-Chair: Elaina P. Weldon, MSN, ACNP-BC (2021)
- Kylie Pont, PA-C (2022)
- Emily A. Herriman, ANP-BC (2022)
- Anna Frank, PA-C (2023)
- Jillian Daleo, PA-C (2023)
- Katherine Brodahl, PA-C, MPAS (2023)
- Lindsay Powell, MSN, FNP-C (2023)
- Vincent Tristan, PA-C (2023)
- Corrie T. Berk, DNP, APRN, MBA, FNP-BC (2024)
- Katherine Klingenberg, PA-C, MMS (2024)
- Jessica Spiegel, PA-C (2024)
- Councilor Liaison: Ashley Seawright, DNP, ACNP-BC
- Staff Liaison: Wendy Berrios
If you would like to connect with an ATP Committee member and need their contact information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the member directory. Most of the ATP Committee members are also on the ATP Facebook Group and can be reached through there.