Applications are invited December 1-31, 2020, for the AJT Editorial Fellowship, a program which offers a year-long editorial experience in the publication and peer review process to fellows and junior faculty in transplant-related fields.
Fellows will work directly with senior AJT editors and staff to gain experience in the day-to-day steps of peer review and publication through a curriculum and rotation-based training. Each fellow will spend time developing peer review skills and knowledge by assessing and describing manuscripts’ significance, novelty, validity, and relevance for the AJT readership while enhancing her/his verbal and writing skills through a series of experiences.
- Provide mentored experience across all AJT functions
- Teach fellows to become high-quality peer reviewers
- Master the intersection between an academic journal and continuing medical education
- Enhance the online and visual presence of AJT
- Educate the transplant community on peer review and publication
- Critically analyze AJT processes leading to innovation & improvement
- Serve as AJT ambassadors
- Letter of interest with discussion about prior publishing, writing and/or illustration experience.
- AST or ASTS membership
- Letter of recommendation from Program Director or Department Head/Division Chief
Visit the AJT website for more information and read testimonials from previous fellows.