ASTS continues its commitment to the development of transplant research by providing qualified ASTS Members with research funding in the field of solid organ transplantation. It is designed to support on-going research so that independent funding can be obtained, or to fund a new avenue of research for an established investigator.
$50,000 per year for 2 years
- Supports direct research and educational costs.
- No salary support for applicant
- No indirects will be paid.
Please review these eligibility requirements carefully to ensure that you apply for an appropriate grant.
- ASTS Member
- Mid-level surgical faculty member with an appointment of full, associate, or assistant professor at an established UNOS approved transplant center in years 5-10 post-training, or
- Director or Associate Director of a UNOS approved transplant center in years 5-10 post-training.
- Applicant must reside in North America.
- Awardee may not concurrently receive any other financial support for research from the NIH or from the ASTS, AST, ACS, SUS or other society granting similar support for similar research.
|Submission Requirements || |
- A brief synopsis of your research (250 word maximum).
- Narrative: 3 page maximum plus 1 page of graphics permitted. State the reason for applying for the grant, specific objectives for the duration of the grant, and future plans and goals.
- Budget: 1 page maximum
- Autobiography: 1 page maximum explaining your educational background, choice of career, and interest in transplantation and research.
- Department Chair Nomination Letter
- Member Sponsor Letter
- The Awardee must attend the ASTS Award Ceremony at ATC to formally accept the grant.
- An abstract must be submitted for presentation at an ATC or ASTS Winter Symposium during the grant period or within 6 months of grant completion.
- A mid-report to the ASTS National Office must be submitted in the spring of the first year.
- A final report to the ASTS National Office must be submitted in the spring of the final year of funding.
|Other ||1 grant available annually |
* The funding of ASTS research grants and scholarships is contingent upon the availability of funds and the receipt of qualified applications.
*Applications are being accepted for both the mid-level and collaborative grants; however, based on limited funding, ASTS will only fund one grant across these two categories. If additional funding becomes available, this website will be updated accordingly.