Trans-SAP is an online program to help transplant surgeons and physicians meet the American Board of Surgery (ABS) MOC Part 2: Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment requirements. These CME activities are selected peer-reviewed journal-based articles with self-assessment multiple-choice test questions and provide Category I CME and self-assessment credits toward Part 2 of the ABS MOC Program. Each article has clear educational objectives and covers relevant clinical topics in transplant surgery and transplantation.
Trans-SAP is an “open book” test. You are required to:
- Read the CME components for the activity.
- Complete the test and choose the best answer to each question. You must score 75% or higher, but you may retake the test as many times as you need to receive a passing rate.
MOC Part 2 is useful to the following groups:
- Transplant surgeons: to prepare for the qualifying, certification, and recertification examinations in surgery and to remain current in the specialty of transplant surgery.
- Transplant residents and fellows: as a study aid.
- Transplant physicians and allied health care professionals focusing on the field of transplantation: to keep abreast of the current practice of transplant surgery and transplantation.
Note: It is the responsibility of each individual to remain apprised of the current applicable MOC Program. For more information, visit www.absurgery.org.
Trans-SAP is a new ASTS program and is a work in progress. We welcome your feedback as we continue to improve the program. Thank you for your patience.