Attention Fellows! Are you ready to receive your Certificate of Completion? Download, complete and submit the 2015 Fellowship Completion Form here.
Signed forms should be emailed directly to the ASTS National Office at email@example.com
Applying for the 2015/2016 NRMP Match? See the list of participating programs HERE. Remember, fellows must always register with the NRMP as well as comply with any program application requirements.
Are a current fellow in training? Click here to download the requirements. Attention Current Fellows
Are you interested in learning more about an ASTS fellowship? Contact Chelsey Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Fellowship Opportunities Page.
It is mandatory
that all fellows in ASTS accredited fellowship slots become CANDIDATE
members. Candidate membership is complimentary for fellows and includes online access to the American Journal of Transplantation
(AJT). Fellows should apply at least 3 months prior to beginning their fellowship. Click here to apply online!
ALL fellows must use the online surgical log and complete the curriculum modules, which are available exclusively through the Academic Universe during fellowship training.
As a Fellow in an ASTS accredited Abdominal Fellowship Training Program, there are requirements in order to receive a certificate of completion. * Note: fellows are responsible for requesting their certificate of completion at the end of their fellowship.
- Familiarize yourself with the requirements for both the Institution and the Fellow concerning ASTS Accreditation of Abdominal Transplant Surgery Fellowship Programs.
- Maintain a Surgical Log. All fellows are required to use the online surgical logs available within the Academic Universe.
- All new, incoming fellows are required to actively engage in the ASTS National Transplant Surgery Curriculum. Each fellow is required to complete core modules. Failure to complete core modules will result in a denial of an ASTS certificate of completion. Below is an overview of the required modules based on your training slot:
Click here to download the list of required modules for fellowship training
* As of 2014 all incoming fellows are required to complete the entire curriculum.
- When you complete the fellowship, download and complete the Fellowship Completion Form and return it to the ASTS National Office.This form must be completed by all fellows and signed by the Program Director in order to receive a Certificate of Completion from an ASTS accredited fellowship. Please email the completed form to email@example.com. Certificates of completion are reviewed on a monthly basis. You should allow 6-8 weeks for processing.
Roadmap for New Physicians: Avoiding Medicare and Medicaid Fraud and Abuse
The Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducted a survey of medical school deans and designated institutional officials at institutions that sponsor residencies and fellowships to learn what types of instruction medical students, residents, and fellows receive on Medicare and Medicaid fraud, waste, and abuse. Nearly all respondents (92% of deans and 90% of designated institutional officials) reported they would like OIG to provide educational materials they can use.
In response to the desire for educational material, OIG has developed a Roadmap for New Physicians: Avoiding Medicare and Medicaid Fraud and Abuse. The Roadmapsummarizes the five main Federal fraud and abuse laws (the False Claims Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, the Exclusion Statute, and the Civil Monetary Penalties Law) and provides tips on how physicians should comply with these laws in their relationships with payers (like the Medicare and Medicaid programs), relationships with vendors (like drug, biologic, and medical device companies), and relationships with fellow providers (like hospitals, nursing homes, and physician colleagues).
Click here to download the information as a PDF for printing and distributing.