The International Pancreas and Islet Transplant Association (IPITA), The Transplantation Society, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the Harvard Stem Cell Institute are pleased to announce the 2nd Opinion Leaders Meeting on Stem Cell Derived Beta Cells to be held at the Joseph B. Martin Conference Center at Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA from May 7- 8, 2018.
The workshop program offers world-renown expert speakers presenting highly innovative science with state of the art developments.
Workshop topics will include:
- Identifying persistent challenges such as developing beta cells with full physiologic function
- Understanding the potential role of genome engineering to modify cells for therapeutic advantage
- Identifying optimal transplant platforms and encapsulation technologies
- Developing effective approaches to escape allo-, and autoimmunity
- Update on competing technologies including blastocyst complementation and gene edited xenografts
- Presenting recent preclinical and clinical trial results
We expect over 200 delegates and speakers representing leading experts and key opinion leaders in the field. Registration is now open, but capacity is limited. Register soon as you won’t want to miss this opportunity.