Pediatric heart candidates continue to face high mortality rates while on the waiting list. Previous modifications to policy decreased the death rates for status 1A and 1B pediatric heart candidates, but their waiting list mortality rates remain unacceptably high. The Board of Directors approved four distinct Pediatric Heart Allocation policy changes to improve survival for patients with end stage organ failure by allocating hearts to the candidates who are truly the most urgently in need of transplant by lessening the impact of waiting time on a candidate’s priority on the waitlist. Additionally, these changes will help increase access to transplant by expanding the criteria for transplanting ABO-incompatible hearts and prioritizing those candidates differently.
All heart TXC: Director, Program Administrator, Surgeon, Physician, Transplant Coordinator, Social Worker
OPOs: OPTN/UNOS Representative, OPO Medical Director, OPTN/UNOS Alternate
The objectives are as follows
- Define the new pediatric heart Status 1A and Status 1B criteria
- List the additional three upcoming modifications to pediatric heart allocation policy
- Use resources to be in compliance with the policy changes
To register, click https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8288553329651482625
After registration you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Please make sure your e-mail settings allow for communications from Citrix. Contact your IT department for assistance.
Please note The session will be recorded for those unable to attend the live event.
Continuing Education Information
ABTC will award 1CEPTC credit (for participation. In order to receive a certificate, you must view the entire webinar and complete an evaluation and assessment.
- UNOS Instructional Innovations at firstname.lastname@example.org, for instructional questions.
- Regional Administrator, at (804) 782-4800, for policy questions.
- UNet Help Desk, at (800) 978-4334 or email@example.com, for technical questions.