Mission Statement & Committee Accomplishments
As the art and science of transplantation has grown over recent decades, and so has the presence of Advanced Transplant Providers (ATPs). Today, there are over 2,000 ATPs nationwide and growing, all from various backgrounds and certifications. Prior to the implementation of the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) ATP Committee, no specialty organization existed to support transplant surgeons and physicians.
Today the mission of the Advanced Transplant Provider Committee is to decrease the geographical barriers between providers and allow for a close, strong, supportive community to exist.
Because of the ATP Committee’s commitment to this mission, the following goals have been established and accomplishments have been achieved.
- Increase educational opportunities for advanced transplant providers at all ASTS conferences.
- Continue to recruit more advanced transplant providers to ASTS membership
- Continue to increase various channels and ease of communication between ATP’s and the transplant community.
- Establish a strong mentorship program for advanced providers new to the transplant community.
- Become the "go-to" source for surgical clinician resources, education and support within the transplant community.
- Develop an enthusiastic environment that promotes and emphasizes a continuous flow of training and curriculum development for advance practice providers.
- Encourage and support the use of scientific information and evidenced-based research to enhance clinical practice.
Chair: Georgeine Smith, MS, MHS, PA-C (2017)
Co-Chair: Haley Hoy, PhD, NP (2016)
Eliana Z. Agudelo, PA-C (2017)
Diane Alonso, MD (2017)
AnneMarie E. DeVoll-Zabrocki, NP (2017)
Jennifer M. Sharp, MSN, ACNP (2018)
Karen M. Kerepesi, PA-C (2018)
Marsha D. Bendle, MSBS, PA-C (2019)
Kristi J. Reinschmidt, PA-C (2019)
Councilor Liaison: Wendy Grant, MD
Staff Liaison: Ellie Proffitt, CHES