2019 Call for Abstracts Information
As transplant professionals face higher demand and more responsibility both in and out of the work place, the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) is focusing its Winter Symposium on the balancing act that is the field of modern transplantation. Join us in Miami in January 2019 to hear the latest advancements in the field of transplantation, share ideas and be part of the conversation around transplant surgery in the modern age.
The abstract submission deadline is Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time. Abstracts submitted after this deadline will not be accepted.
Abstract Submission and Review Process
- Abstract selection is at the discretion of the Winter Symposium Planning Committee.
- All submissions will be done electronically through ASTS.org.
- You may submit as many abstracts as you wish.
- Abstracts selected for oral presentation will be limited to one (1) per first author, and two (2) per lab or PI group.
- Abstracts accepted for posters are limited to three (3) posters per first author. This is in addition to the possibility of an oral abstract presentation.
- All abstracts are blinded for peer review and ranked on the basis of scientific merit, and the goal is to perform a scientifically rigorous review process to select those abstracts that present strong, balanced, and evidence-based clinical content, without the perception of bias.
The submission of abstracts related to clinical or basic research, surgical technique, or surgical practice that is new, innovative, or visionary is encouraged. Abstracts that address basic but controversial aspects of surgical management are also encouraged.
- Select abstracts will be accepted for oral, mini-oral, or poster presentations.
- Abstracts will be considered for presentation if they have NOT been previously published as an article at the TIME OF SUBMISSION.
Informed Consent: Any studies involving human subjects must conform to the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association (Clinical Research 1966:14:103) and must meet all of the requirements governing informed consent of the country in which the study was performed. Any transplant procedures performed must meet with the prevailing ethical standards.
Oral & Mini-Oral Abstract Submissions
Select abstracts will be chosen to be presented at the Mini-Oral Abstract Session or Oral Abstract Sessions during the Winter Symposium.
Video Abstract Submissions
ASTS is also accepting surgical video submissions for the annual surgical video presentation at the 2019 Winter Symposium. Videos that present innovative, unique, and scientifically-rich surgical content are encouraged. Video abstracts can be with or without narration, and can be no longer than 10 minutes in length. Submissions will be reviewed and selected on the basis of scientific merit and relevance. Please forward all video submissions to:
ASTS National Office
ATTN: Ellie Proffitt
2461 South Clark Street, Suite 640
Arlington, VA 22202
All persons who submit abstracts will be notified of their acceptance status by mid-November. All abstract presenters are required to register for and attend the ASTS 19th Annual Winter Symposium.
Online Submission Available: 7/9/2018
Submission Deadline: 9/13/2018 at 5:00pm ET
Housing Deadline 12/7/2018
Early Bird Registration Deadline: 11/14/2018