The ASTS welcomes surgeons, physicians, non-physician scientists, and surgical associates who are actively engaged in transplantation.
Regular Membership shall be limited to surgeons, physicians, and non-physician scientists residing within the United States or Canada who are actively engaged in transplantation.
Eligibility Requirements: Surgeons
- Certified by American Boards.*
- Completion of transplantation training in a program approved by ASTS.*
- Active involvement as a staff member of a clinical transplant team for a minimum of 6 months.
Eligibility Requirement: Physicians
- Minimum of one year of training in the practice of clinical transplantation after American Board Certification.*
- Current involvement as a staff member of a clinical transplant team for at least six months.
Eligibility Requirements: Non-physician Scientists
- Must hold a doctoral degree (PhD, PharmaD or DVM)
- Minimum of three years post-doctoral activity in transplantation*
Regular Membership Dues
$420 per year (includes monthly subscription, both online and print, to the American Journal of Transplantation)
*If recommended by the Membership Committee and approved by the Council, membership may be granted for equivalent experience.
Read the ASTS Bylaws concerning Membership